The Austrian team has won for the second time in a row. In the 2023 season of Formula 1, the Red Bull team won the Constructors’ Cup for the second year in a row. This happened after the 2023 Japanese Grand Prix, the 16th stage of the competition year, which was won by Max Verstappen.
This article was prepared with the help of our partners Free Betting Reviews!
2023 Japanese Grand Prix: Race details
The Japanese Grand Prix took place after the race in Singapore, where for the first time this season. The winner of the weekend was not from the Red Bull team. Carlos Sainz from Ferrari won the 15th Grand Prix of the season, ending Red Bull and Verstappen’s record-breaking winning streak in Formula 1. Max Verstappen started from pole position after the qualifying session. The Dutch driver was pursued by McLaren drivers Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri in the top three of the starting grid.
Max Verstappen defended his lead in the first turn and maintained it until the end of the race, winning the 13th race of the current season. Thanks to this result, the Dutch driver can become the Formula 1 champion after the next Grand Prix. Verstappen’s partner in Red Bull, Sergio Perez, retired from the race, so Verstappen’s result alone secured the team’s victory in the Constructors’ Cup. This year’s Constructors’ Cup is their second in a row and sixth overall, as they previously won it four times in a row from 2010-2013.
The British driver lost second place during the race, but overtook his teammate on the finish line.;
Meanwhile, Piastri finished the race in third place and helped the team achieve its first double podium in two years.
Formula 1 2023 Japanese Grand Prix : top 10
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull) – 53 laps
- Lando Norris (McLaren) + 19.387
- Oscar Piastri (McLaren) + 36.494
- Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) + 43.998
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) + 49.376
- Carlos Sainz (Ferrari) + 50.221
- George Russell (Mercedes) + 57.659
- Fernando Alonso (Aston Martin) +1.14.725
- Esteban Ocon (Alpine) +1.19.678
- Pierre Gasly (Alpine) +1.23.155
Essential notes of 2023 Japanese Grand Prix
- In the 2023 season, Verstappen aims to secure his third consecutive championship title in Formula 1.;
- The next Formula 1 race will take place on October 8th as part of the Qatar Grand Prix. Hamilton was the winner of this stage in 2021.;
- The calendar for the next season of Formula 1 will consist of a record-breaking 24 stages.