The Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics are facing each other for the second and final time this season. The Boston Celtics lead the season series, winning the first encounter in a very thrilling overtime battle. The stars came out to ball in their first encounter this season as Jason Tatum led the Celtics with a game-high 44 points, while Lakers’ star big man Anthony Davis dropped 37 points to lead the Lakers. The scoreline does not tell the tale of the game, as a massive lead change and thrilling comebacks highlighted it. Seeing that the Lakers might be in full health for their second encounter to close the regular season series, this sure will be another exciting matchup.
Los Angeles Lakers’ Latest Result
- In their most recent league game, the Los Angeles Lakers were up against the San Antonio Spurs, and fortunately, they had their star center Anthony Davis back in the lineup. Despite heading into the game from the bench, he showed no sign of rustiness as he led the Lakers in scoring with a 21 points, 12 rebounds double-double.
- Lebron James, who just got relieved by the return of Anthony Davis, was one rebound short of a triple-double as he dropped 20 points, nine boards, and 11 assists. Patrick Beverly had 18 points, while Russell Westbrook added 14 points off the bench.
Despite winning this game, the Los Angeles Lakers are still struggling for a spot in the play-in, as they remain 13th in the Western Conference.
Boston Celtics’ Latest Result
- The Celtics are struggling lately. Most of this is attributed to them being without some key players due to injury. Their recent outing saw them welcome the New York Knicks at the TD Garden. The Celtics, who went into the game on a two-game losing streak, could not do enough to avoid extending that streak as the Knicks handed them a 121-118 loss at home.
- Jason Tatum led the Celtics in points with 35 points and added 14 boards. Jaylen Brown added 22 points and nine boards, but the key moment of the game was his missing a pair of free throws that could have essentially tied the game in overtime.
- Derrick White added 15 points, while Malcolm Brogdon from the bench dropped 10 points.
- The Boston Celtics were without their key perimeter defender Marcus Smart in this game, which was evident. They will now have to find a way to adjust to playing without him, as he might still miss out on a few games, and if they will break their current three-game losing streak, someone has to step up for him.
Los Angeles Lakers Projected Starting Lineup
- Point Guard: Patrick Beverly
- Shooting Guard: Dennis Schroder
- Small Forward: Troy Brown Jr
- Power Forward: Lebron James
- Center: Anthony Davis
Injury Report: Austin Reaves(hamstring) and Lonnie Walker(knee). They are questionable for this game, and the decision is until game day.
Boston Celtics Projected Starting Lineup
- Point Guard: Killian Hayes
- Shooting Guard: Jaden Ivey
- Small Forward: Saddiq Bey
- Power Forward: Bojan Bogdanovic
- Center: Isaiah Stewart
Injury Report: Marcus Smart (ankle), Danilo Gallinari (knee). They are both listed out for this game.
Date: Saturday, January 28, 2023
Time: 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Venue: TD Garden, Boston
Los Angeles Lakers Vs Boston Celtics Prediction & Tips
The Los Angeles Lakers have a majority of their squad healthy, and with the addition of Rui Hachimura to their roster, they have a new dynamic on both sides of the court. They have Anthony Davis paint’s protection back, which will automatically give them an edge in this game. The Celtics stars have been performing in recent games, but the rest of the unit is not doing as well. Being a team that relies on every player on the floor to contribute, if others do not step up, they will struggle against the Lakers.
- The picks are the Los Angeles Lakers to win and cover the spread. Lakers win odds 1. 2.08, draw. 4.1, and on Boston win 2.82
- Our player prop is for Lebron James to score more than 30 points
Follow Half A Goal for more basketball games previews and predictions