Football is the world’s most renowned game which features speed, strength, and skills. But even if you are a die-hard football fan, there may still be numerous things that you don’t know about this astounding sport.
Here are interesting facts about football that you don’t want to miss.
- Football was first invented in China at nearly 476 B.C.
- Americans and Canadians call Football as Soccer.
- Did you know? In every game, Football players can run an average of 9.65 kilometers.
- The first black professional footballer in the world is Arthur Wharton.
- A soccer ball was used in the first basketball game in history
- Pakistan is the world’s largest manufacturer of footballs
- Stephan Stanis from France scored the maximum number of goals back in December 1942.
- Oliver Khan was the first and only goalkeeper who won the Golden Ball during the 2002 World Cup.
- Goalies wear the same colored shirt with their teammates until 1913.
- One call from a referee during a football match back in 1964 started a riot that killed 300 individuals and injured over 500 people.
- In 1998, Ricardo Olivera set the record for the fastest goal which is 2.8 seconds.
- The First Football Club in the world was founded in 1857, which was the English Sheffield Football Club.
- Lightning killed 11 football players during a game in 1998.
- Neil Armstrong, the first man who walked on the moon, wanted to take a football to the moon but NASA refused.
- The first live football match coverage was viewed on television in 1937.
- The balls used in Football are made from layers of synthetic leather while the bladders inside the ball are made from latex or butyl.
- There are four types of special teams in Football: return kicks, kick-off, block and return punts.
- Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo was the first football player who scored a goal in every single minute of the game.
- The fastest person who received a red card in the history of professional football is Lee Todds after using foul language.
- The largest football tournament was played in 1999 that has an overall number of 5,098 teams which are composed of more than 35,000 players in total.
- The highest goals ever recorded in a football game were 149-0 played between and AS Adema of Madagascar and Stade Olympique de L’emyrne.
- After his outstanding performance in the 1958 World Cup, various European teams offered Pelé big contracts to play for them. The Brazilian government, however, declared Pelé to be an official national treasure in order to stop the offers.
- Miroslav Klose, a German football player, currently holds the record for the most career World Cup goals with a total of 16.
- 80% of injuries that unfortunately happened in football matches are severe enough that players had to miss subsequent games.
- Three professional football players have won the Triple Crown awarded to those who have achieved three individual statistical championships in just a year. The players are Sammy Baugh in 1943, Steve Van Buren in 1945 and Bill Dudley in 1946.
- One of the most unpopular football facts, back then, was it isn’t unusual for a player to take both offensive and defensive positions in a game.
The love and support that football fans offer for the sport have made a lot of sports brokers and betting agents successful. Sports betting with football is widely participated in by football fans all across the globe and even online.
Are you looking for a top betting broker? Fill out this contact form today!