The Premier League has returned fully after the World Cup break, and it has been nothing short of exciting. This, however, is a matchup outside the league as the Red Devils face the Merseyside Blues for a chance to move on to the next round in the FA Cup. Since the league return, Manchester United has been on an impressive run of form; meanwhile, the Frank Lampard-led Everton side has simply crumbled. These two teams will battle things out in the Emirates FA Cup’s round of 32, and the winner will simply advance to the round of 16.
Manchester United’s Latest News
Manchester United continued where they stopped upon the resumption of domestic activity. Despite being without some of their best players, they have done well to win their last five games. Erik Ten Hag has implemented his ideas. Their previous outing saw United claim a 3-0 win over Bournemouth.
The Cristiano Ronaldo Saga
Cristiano Ronaldo’s second stint at Old Trafford did not go as expected. Manchester United finished below the top four in his first season. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the head coach then, was sacked and replaced by former Ajax coach Erik Ten Hag. Upon the appointment of Erik Ten Hag, Ronaldo saw less playing time and was reduced to a bench player.
After throwing tantrums in response to how he was treated and granting an interview that irked Manchester United’s ownership, Cristiano Ronaldo’s contract was terminated prematurely, leaving a space for another Striker in the United’s squad. Regardless, Manchester United, since the league returned, has not lacked in the goal-scoring department.
Latest Transfer Rumors
- Olivier Giroud of AC Milan is on Manchester United’s forward wish list for January. United is looking for a striker who can lead the line since Ronaldo’s departure. Giroud’s contract status at the San Siro is a prime opportunity for United to entice him to Old Trafford. However, Giroud appears to be more than willing to remain at AC Milan, though, should the Rossoneri extend new terms to him. For the Serie A champions this season, Giroud has scored nine goals, including four in the Champions League, a competition he will likely be hesitant to leave behind in the last years of his career.
- According to reports, the Red Devils are putting together a sizable offer for Kolo Muani, a forward for Eintracht Frankfurt. The French Nationale Kolo Muani is now a player that elite teams should consider, particularly in light of his outstanding World Cup cameo for France in the latter stages of the competition. The Frenchman is seen as a viable option up front for United, especially due to his versatility.
Everton’s Latest News
Everton is simply struggling, and it’s a surprise they are not yet in the relegation zone. The Merseyside Blues are finding it difficult to win a game as they have only claimed one point in their last five games showing how poor they have been. Frank Lampard’s job security might just be in question here, as it could go any way, given that the team is struggling immensely. Everton’s last outing was against Brighton and Hove Albion, and they lost by four goals to one.
Frank Lampard Facing The Axe
Due to the crushing loss to Brighton, Everton has now won only one of their past 10 Premier League games. The Toffees now face the possibility of falling into the relegation zone by the end of play on Wednesday.
Since before the World Cup break, Lampard has been under pressure, but it now appears that the former Derby and Chelsea manager is about to lose it. We predict that the Goodison Park board will fire Lampard if he doesn’t see a positive result against Manchester United.
Latest Transfer Rumors
- Nicolas Jackson of Villarreal is now the target of several Premier League teams. He is in demand in England. In 14 La Liga appearances, the Senegal striker has two goals and two assists. Frank Lampard urges Everton to submit a trade offer to Villarreal for Jackson.
- Erik ten Hag, the head coach of Manchester United, has reiterated his reluctance to approve Anthony Elanga’s transfer at this point in the transfer window. Elanga is a target for Everton. Since Antony joined Manchester United in the summer and Alejandro Garnacho made his debut, the winger has battled to earn minutes. Ten Hag’s search for a striker and Jadon Sancho’s return to match fitness are both known to be significant factors for a loan transfer to Merseyside.
- Date: Friday, January 6, 2023
- Time: 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester, England
Match Predictions And Tips
Manchester United is the obvious favorite in this game. They are on a good run of form compared to Everton, who has had an abysmal performance in their last ten games. United is the pick here to win and progress to the next round, but the odds for this pick will barely benefit our bettors; that’s why we have carefully analyzed this game to give you the best pick.
Although Manchester United has been solid at the back in recent games, the odds at stake are bigger for Everton, who desperately need a positive result. Everton’s effort might not earn them a win, but they should do enough to score a goal.
- The best pick in this game is for both teams to score, which stands at 2.00 odds (decimal) and +100 (American).
- Also, for player props, Marcus Rashford is having a good run of form and has scored in all of United’s games since the Premier League resumed. Marcus Rashford to score is our player’s prop for this game. The odds are 3.50 (decimal) and +250 (American).
Follow Half A Goal for more Emirates FA Cup Games’ Preview And Predictions.