The Euroleague is in its 23rd season, and since its creation, it has never gotten short of excitement. It is a league where the finest European basketball players can show their talent to the world and potentially NBA scouts keen to draft the best out of the continent. The Euroleague has quite a number of alumni that have been highly successful in the NBA, and in the present generation, Лука Дончич is a perfect example. Here we will look at the latest outcomes of Euroleague basketball games and preview and predict upcoming matches in the 15th round of the regular season.
Follow Half A Goal for more Euroleague basketball results, previews, and predictions.
What Are The Latest Result?
Nine games were played in the last round of action; here, we will look at the key games in week 14 and highlight outstanding player performances.
Zalgiris Kaunas Vs Real Madrid
The champion of Spain, Real from Madrid, visited Zalgiris from Kaunas in the fourteenth round of the Euroleague. Real had been playing in its signature style heading into this game. They prepare for the most crucial part of the season by gently but surely getting in shape. Meanwhile, Zalgiris Kaunas has been excellent this season compared to the last; they are 6-7 and playing well, especially when they are away from home. Zalgiris Kaunas pulled off the upset in this game as they cruised past the Spanish champions Real Madrid 81-72.
- Keenan Evans led the line for Zalgiris Kaunas; he dropped a team-high 20 points and added five boards and two assists. Meanwhile, forward Edgaras Ulanovas contributed 19 points and added four boards to propel Zalgiris to the win.
- Tyler Cavanaugh and Arnas Butkevicius both dropped 15 and 10 points, respectively, from the bench.
- Former Brooklyn Nets forward Dzanan Musa finished with a game-high 22 points and added four boards and two assists.
- Mario Hezonja added 17 points on 75% shooting from the field and 50% from long range in the loss to Zalgiris. He was the second of two players with double-digit points for Madrid in this game.
Fenerbahce Vs Baskonia
League leaders were up against sixth-placed Baskonia in this game. Fenerbahce started out strong in the Euroleague, but recently, it has been slipping. For instance, they embarrassingly fell to Real Madrid in Istanbul, 71:85. Meanwhile, Baskonia has significantly improved.
They first overcame Bayern with a score of 78:53, then Olympia with a score of 78:62. Both triumphs, nevertheless, were obtained at home. Baskonia was able to move up to the top eight as a result. Baskonia was desperate to get a win here to keep them in the top eight, and they did just that, winning 76-70 against Fenerbahce.
- Shooting guard Marko Guduric led the team in scoring with 14 points while he added three assists and two rebounds. Tonye Jekiri added 12 points and nine boards.
- Nick Calathes had an 11 points, 13 rebounds double-double in the loss to Baskonia.
- Baskonia was led in scoring by Markus Howard, who dropped 16 points. Pierria Henry followed with 13 points, six rebounds, and four assists.
- Maik Kotsar and Matthew Costello both dropped ten apiece from the bench.
Besides, basketball, you can also can start wagering on the English Premier League. Earn points on all winning bets with a guaranteed share on the LynxBet website!
Round 15 Predictions
Here we will look at the previews and predictions for key games in the upcoming matchday 15 in Euroleague basketball.
Olympiacos Vs Crvena Zvezda
With a 9-5 record, Olympiacos will feel it has something to prove against Zvezda (7-7), which also saw its winning run end in Round 14 after blowing a 21-point lead to lose to ASVEL last week. The top offense in the league is Olympiacos, which averages 86.4 points per game, while Zvezda has the third-best defense in the league, allowing just 76.6 points per game on average.
The game’s outcome will depend on whether the visiting team can slow down the efficient Olympiacos offense, which leads the league in assists per game with 22.3. Olympiacos desperately need to get back to winning ways and are tipped to win here.
Anadolu Efes Vs Panathinaikos
The action on Friday gets underway with a bang as defending champion Efes (7-7) takes on Panathinaikos (6-8), which is also looking to get back on the winning track following two road losses last week. Dwayne Bacon, who leads the league in scoring (20.3 points per game), will test Efes’ unreliable defense with his relentless shooting and potential direct opponent Will Clyburn (19.1 ppg).
This matchup between these two teams, one of the eight teams separating the seventh and fourteenth spots in the rankings by just one victory, is sure to be a competitive one. Panathinaikos’ offense has been key to them this season, and it has been reliable when called upon with Dwayne Bacon leading the line. I’d back Panathinaikos to win and further add to Efes’ woes.
We are in for quite the matchup in round 15 of the Euroleague basketball, with many teams looking to get back to winning ways after falling in round 14. Anadolu Efes and Panathinaikos is tipped to be the game of the week as it’s poised to be nothing short of entertaining.