The World Cup, for the first time in the history of its existence, is taking place in the Arab world. This is done to escape the sweltering heat typical of host nation Qatar in the summer; this World Cup will be held in the dead of winter.
This World Cup is the 22nd edition and may be the last one to see 32 teams compete as FIFA intends to add 16 more countries in the next tournament. The first matches will be played during this week, so all fans and bettors around the world are wondering how to buy tickets and where to watch the matches online.
As the tournament begins, there are important things to note, ranging from climate, LQBTQ+ rights, acquisition of tickets, Qatar’s religious rules, and so on.
How To Get Tickets To The Qatar 2022 World Cup
Fans must create an account on FIFA’s ticket portal to purchase World Cup tickets on the official FIFA website. FIFA sold an estimated 1.8 million tickets for the 2022 World Cup during the first window of sales. But fans can still buy tickets online.
Due to expected demand, the remaining tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Fans can still acquire tickets until the final day of the tournament.
How Much Does The Tickets Cost
- Fans who wanted to attend the World Cup in Qatar had four different ticket types, including special tickets for people with disabilities and limited mobility.
- The most expensive category, Category 1, is situated in high-traffic areas of the stadium.
- Within the stadium, Category 2 and Category 3 seats provide a less premium perspective of the action.
- A stadium section known as Category 4 is only open to Qataris.
All tickets are priced between 40 riyals ($11) and 5,850 riyals ($1,607) and are offered to both locals of Qatar and foreign supporters.
Accommodation For Fans
With such a large number of visitors, finding accommodations has proven difficult for the organizers. Hotels, flats, and rooms on cruise ships that will dock in Doha Harbour, Bedouin-style camps have also been set up to accommodate fans.
- Fans can rent one of the 6,000 colorfully painted aluminum portacabins set in long, straight rows for $200 per night. There is a temporary grocery store, outdoor televisions for watching sporting events, and artificial turf.
- According to SC executive Omar Al-Jaber, the busiest period for fans will be during the intense group stage, when they will stay an average of seven nights in Qatar.
Start wagering on the English Premier League and earn points on all winning bets with a guaranteed share on the LynxBet website!
Venues For The World Cup
- The 2022 World Cup will take place in eight stadiums, with the championship game in the brand-new Lusail Iconic Stadium, which seats 80,000 people and is located in Lusail, a city north of the capital Doha.
- The indoor Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor, which has a retractable roof, will host the first game, and the remaining venues will all be able to hold at least 40,000 spectators. It has a capacity of 60,000 and is the second-largest stadium.
- Al Janoub Stadium, Education City Stadium, Ahmed bin Ali Stadium, Khalifa International Stadium, and Stadium 974 are the additional sites. Al Thumama Stadium and Stadium 974 are located in Doha (in Al Wakrah).
- Each stadium will host six games in just 11 days during the group stage because there are only eight stadiums and a more condensed schedule than usual.
- Even with the expectation of little rain during the tournament, ground staff will likely have their work cut out for them with only one day in between matches.
Where To Watch The 2022 World Cup Live
Half A Goal prepared the list of live channels where fans from all over the world can watch live FIFA matches.
- People in the USA can watch it on FOX and FS1.
- Spanish simulcast on Telemundo and Universo.
- The 2022 World Cup will be available for Canadian fans on CTV and TSN channels.
- For Russian fans of FIFA, one can advise to watch matches via Match TV channel, the most popular streaming platform.
- All UK fans can gather in popular pubs to watch FIFA matches on BBC and ITV channels with fixtures distributed equally between the two public television stations.
- Fans from Ukraine can watch World Cup 2022 matches on the Public Broadcasting Service of Ukraine like Suspline.
- Also, FIFA matches will be available for viewers from India on Sports18 Channel.
So, it doesn’t matter in what corner of the planet you live, because FIFA World Cup Matches will be available for all fans not only on TV, but on the Internet as well. All fans can use Youtube TV or streaming platform Peacock, but be attentive and use VPN service if needed.
Another option for fans is to use an official FIFA website, where you can choose the country, date and match while the website will generate the most suitable option of TV Channel for you even with the usage of VPN.
Listed above are essential things to know about the Qatar 2022-23 World Cup. Amidst the controversy surrounding the tournament this year, it’s expected to go as scheduled, with major concerns being with the host country’s laws.
Follow Half A Goal for more FIFA World Cup news, updates, and tournament details.