Much like every NFL fan, we also want to know who will win Super Bowl LIV.
And with Patrick Mahomes in the defensive line of Kansas City Chiefs, the point spread is lenient to them. But of course, the Niners, led by Jimmy Garappolo, won’t let that happen, well at least that easy.
Let them do what they have to.
Now, let’s take a look at some interesting facts about Super Bowl 2020
- Super Bowl 2020 will be played at the Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida on February 3, 2020, 6:30 pm. This will be the sixth big game to be played at the stadium and eleventh in South Florida. Miami ranks first among host cities.
- Super Bowl LIV will be played between Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers. This is their first Super Bowl meeting.
- It is the seventh consecutive season wherein the teams to play in the Super Bowl are the top two seeds.
- The Chiefs will represent the AFC and the 49ers, the NFC. Kansas City Chiefs beat Tennessee Titans, 35-24, while San Francisco 49ers defeated the Green Bay Packers, 37-20, at their respective championship games.
- The Chiefs last played in a Super Bowl match on January 11, 1970, making this year’s appearance 50 years in the making. The Chiefs won their first Lombardi Trophy against Minnesota Vikings.
- The Niners would appear in the Super Bowl for the seventh time. The franchise won its first five Super Bowl matches from 1981 to 1994. It played in the finals in 2012 but lost against Baltimore Ravens.
- If the 49ers will win the 2020 Super Bowl, it would be their sixth Vince Lombardy trophy. The team will tie with the Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots with most trophies.
- Andy Reid, Chiefs coach, is the 24th head coach in the history of NFL to appear in more than one Super Bowl. On the other hand, this is Kyle Shanahan’s Super Bowl debut.
- San Francisco’s strength is defence while that of Kansas City is the offence. The 49ers rank first in defence in the playoffs and second in total pass defence in the regular season.
- Patrick Mahomes is the favourite to win the Super Bowl MVP. In 2018, he threw 50 touchdown passes. He is known for his startling throws at peculiar angles. Mahomes wears No. 15.
- Mahomes contribute significantly to the Chiefs because the franchise has never lost a game by seven points with him as a starter.
- Because of Mahomes, the Chiefs became a passing-oriented franchise in NFL. San Francisco 49ers, on the other hand, targets more running than passing. This time because of Raheem Mostert.
- Jimmy Garappolo already has two Super Bowl rings. However, he obtained those while being a backup to Tom Brady. Super Bowl 2020 will be his first ‘real’ ring.
- This is the first time the two means has red as their primary colours. To avoid confusion, the Chiefs will wear their traditional red jerseys and white pants while the Niners will rock their standard white jerseys and gold pants.
- Jennifer Lopez and Shakira will headling the halftime performance.