Philadelphia 76ers and Detroit Pistons are facing each other again, with only one day break. The 76ers lead the season series by two games to none as the Pistons failed to get one back despite the 76ers playing without their star big man Joel Embiid. The 76ers, without their star big man, have a win and a loss, but they did well to turn things around with a victory over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday.
The Pistons are now on a two-game losing streak, while the 76ers’ win over Pistons on Sunday Night meant they bounced back from a shock loss to the Chicago Bulls. Stick around to find out who to put your money on as the 76ers play the Pistons twice in three days.
Philadelphia 76ers’ Latest Result
- In their most recent league game, the Philadelphia 76ers played the Detroit Pistons without their star center Joel Embiid. In Embiid’s place, superstar guard James Harden led the 76ers with a triple-double of 20 points, 11 rebounds, and 11 assists. He participated in a variety of activities to help the Philadelphia 76ers defeat the Detroit Pistons by a score of 123-111 on Sunday.
- The return of Tyrese Maxey, who was out for almost twenty games due to a foot injury, has boosted the 76ers. He added 23 points, and Montrezl Harrell did the job in the paint by scoring 20 for the Sixers.
With this victory, Philadelphia has won four of its previous five games.
Detroit Piston’s Latest Result
- The Pistons should have bounced back from their loss to Spur when they played the 76ers. Despite playing at the Little Caesars Arena and heavily tipped as a +5.5 underdog in their last game, The Pistons lost to the 76ers by a wide margin, and Killian Hayes led Detroit in scoring with 26 points, six assists, and a block. Following a six-game losing streak, the Pistons have split their last seven games between victories and defeats.
- The Pistons’ propensity for mishandling the ball was evident in this game. They committed the same number of turnovers in this game (22) as they did in their season opener against the 76ers.
- Bojan Bogdanovic finished with 20 points, while Isaiah Stewart had 20 points and 13 rebounds.
- The Pistons, due to injuries, were without two of its three starting bigs: Jalen Duren and Marvin Bagley III, in this game. That stopped head coach Dwayne Casey from using his customary strategy of beginning small with his second unit and going large with his starting lineup.
Philadelphia 76ers’ Projected Starting Lineup
- Point Guard: James Harden
- Shooting Guard: Tyrese Maxey
- Small Forward: De’Anthony Melton
- Power Forward: Tobias Harris
- Center: Montrezl Harrell
Detroit Piston’s Projected Starting Lineup
- Point Guard: Killian Hayes
- Shooting Guard: Jaden Ivey
- Small Forward: Saddiq Bey
- Power Forward: Bojan Bogdanovic
- Center: Isaiah Stewart
And lots of upcoming football events are already waiting for you, so you can start wagering on the English Premier League. Earn points on all winning bets with a guaranteed share on the LynxBet website!
Date: Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Time: 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Venue: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia
Philadelphia 76ers Vs Detroit Pistons Prediction & Tips
The 76ers will look to make it two wins in a row when they play in the Wells Fargo Center on Tuesday. Once again, Philadelphia is the favorite in this matchup despite both teams missing key players.
A Harden masterclass has proven decisive in their most recent meeting, and the former Houston man is back to replicate his performance when they play in the comfort of their home. The Pistons will struggle without their bigs back in the lineup, and that’s why the 76ers are the favorite to win and cover the spread in this game.
- The picks are 76ers to win and cover the spread as favorites
- Our player prop is for James Harden to score more than 25 points